«Whittle’s Gait Analysis is a basic introduction to this topic. It covers background concepts, terminology, normal and pathological gait, as well as methods used to perform gait analysis. A description of common pathologies and associated gait deviations is presented by way of example. Overall, this book provides a comprehensive overview of the basic concepts and uses of clinical gait analysis. It is a very helpful text for those with little or no knowledge of gait analysis, and provides a very readable and understandable synopsis. The majority of information provided is descriptive, with some limited guidance on interpretation of gait data. Further reading would be required to gain in-depth understanding of each aspect of gait analysis, but this book provides an accessible introduction to the topic.»
Posture and Mobility Group, April 2013
- Highly readable, the book builds upon the basics of anatomy, physiology and biomechanics
- Describes both normal and pathological gait
- Covers the range of methods available to perform gait analysis, from the very simple to the very complex.
- Emphasizes the clinical applications of gait analysis
New to this Edition
- Chapters on gait assessment of neurological diseases and musculoskeletal conditions and prosthetics and orthotics
- Methods of gait analysis
- Design features including key points
- A team of specialist contributors led by two internationally-renowned expert editors
- 60 illustrations, taking the total number to over 180
- Evolve Resources containing video clips and animated skeletons of normal gait supported by MCQs, an image bank, online glossary and sources of further information. Log on to http://evolve.elsevier.com/Whittle/gait to register and start using these resources today!