«This is an important update and a valuable addition to the field. Written by experts, it offers the best and most comprehensive information available on primary care for physical therapists and complements other books in this area. Because of how well organized and written it is, this book would be an essential addition to the personal libraries of clinicians at any level, as well as a popular required text in physical therapy programs.»
-Michelle Finnegan, DPT, OCS, MTC, FAAOMPT (Bethesda Physiocare)
c/o Doody Enterprises Inc.
- Emphasizes communication skills vital for establishing rapport and gathering data.
- Patient interview guides identify what data to collect and how to use it.
- Overview of the physical examination lays the foundation for different diagnosis and recognition of conditions.
- A section on Special Populations equips the PT to handle common problems encountered in primary care.
- Unique approach details pharmacology and diagnostic procedures from a PT perspective for clinically relevant guidance.
New to this Edition
- New information enhances your understanding of the foundations of practice and how to screen and examine the healthy population.
- Content is reorganized and updated to reflect the current state of PT practice.
- Companion Evolve resources website enables you to independently review techniques from the text.
- Top 10 Medical Conditions to Screen For chapter details conditions that have major significance in incidence, mortality, and morbidity all in one place.
- Separate chapters on upper and lower quarter screening and a new chapter on symptom investigation by symptom help you screen medical conditions more effectively.