Gait Analysis - 6th edition 2023
- This readable textbook offers a clear and accessible guide to the diagnosis and treatment of patients suffering from medical conditions that affect the way they walk.
- The book describes both normal and pathological gait and covers the range of simple and complex methods available to perform gait analysis. It will help the reader differentiate the gait cycle phases and pathological gait patterns, identify related factors, and direct therapy precisely.
- Now in its sixth edition, Whittle's Gait Analysis has been fully updated by a small team of expert contributors to include the latest thinking on methods of gait analysis and its role in the clinic, making it an ideal text for undergraduate students through to practising allied health professionals.
με ΦΠΑ Delivery: 1 to 3 weeks
- Highly accessible, readable, and logically sequenced – suitable for undergraduates
- Covers gait and clinical considerations around functional difficulties in people with neurological and musculoskeletal disorders
- Summary/study aid boxes to support learning
- Online resources containing supplementary content for Chapter 1, video clips, 3D animations, gait data supported by MCQs, and 30 cases studies
New to This Edition
- Chapter on running gait, including the biomechanics of running, common running-related injuries, and clinical considerations
- Expanded chapter on neurological conditions
1 Basic Sciences
2 Normal Gait
3 Pathological and Other Abnormal Gaits
4 Methods of Gait Analysis
5 Applications of Gait Analysis
6 Gait Assessment of Neurological Disorders
7 Gait Analysis in Musculoskeletal Conditions, Prosthetics and Orthotics
8 Gait Analysis of Running and the Management of Common Injuries