Differential Diagnosis for Physical Therapists - 7th edition
Learn how to screen for systemic and medical conditions, and when to make a physician referral! Goodman and Snyder’s Differential Diagnosis for Physical Therapists, 7th Edition helps you identify the signs and symptoms of systemic disease that can mimic neuromusculoskeletal conditions. A step-by-step approach includes the screening tools you need to make an accurate differential diagnosis, describing both red flags and yellow flags as well as risk factors.
- No. of pages: 816
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Elsevier 2022
- Published: June 25, 2022
- Imprint: Elsevier
- Paperback ISBN: 9780323722049
με ΦΠΑ Delivery: 1 to 3 weeks
- UNIQUE! Five-step screening model is systems- and symptoms-based, and follows the standards for competency established by the American Physical Therapy Association, covering past medical history, risk factor assessment, clinical presentation, associated signs and symptoms, and review of symptoms.
- UNIQUE! Case studies are based on clinical experience and give real-world examples of how to integrate screening information into the diagnostic process and when to treat or refer.
- Evidence for the screening process is based on peer-reviewed literature, reporting on the sensitivity, specificity, and likelihood ratios of yellow (cautionary) and red (warning) flags.
- Quick-reference summaries include tables, boxes, follow-up questions, clinical signs and symptoms, and case examples.
- Key Points to Remember boxes at the end of each chapter provide quick, bulleted summaries of critical information.
- Practice Questions allow you to check your understanding of concepts presented in the chapters.
- Laboratory tests and values relating to physical therapist practice are presented in the inside front and back covers of the text for quick reference.
- Screening tools and checklists are available in the book and on the Evolve website, and are downloadable and printable for use in the clinic.
- Είδος προϊόντος